Ductless Split Systems
About Ductless Split Systems
Whether you’re one of those people who is constantly chilly with layers of warm clothing on and cranking up the heating system or someone who seems to always run hot, you deserve consistent, reliable indoor comfort. When your existing heating or cooling system just isn’t cutting it, consider upgrading to a ductless split system. Mini split air conditioners and heat pumps are incredibly efficient and offer steady room comfort.
Ductless split system technology drastically reduces the footprint required to distribute conditioned air into an interior environment. They are an ideal means to provide heating and cooling in homes built prior to the invention of centralized HVAC systems or in locations where space is at a premium. Like many traditional HVAC systems, ductless air conditioners and heat pumps are measured according to their SEER and HSPF ratings.
What Makes up a Ductless Split System?
A ductless mini split system is comprised of a wall mounted indoor unit along with an outdoor condenser. Mini split air conditioners are often used in situations where a wall or window unit or baseboard heating is considered. Ductless split systems are growing in popularity for many homes throughout the country because they’re incredibly energy-efficient, convenient, easy to install, and versatile.
All the components that create a ductless mini split system include:
- A single-zone or multi-zone heat pump condenser unit: Heat pumps are incredibly powerful and innovative tools that work to both heat and cool a home as needed by moving heat from one place to another. The outdoor condensers are connected to the indoor unit through a channel — depending on your heating and cooling needs, you can choose a ductless air conditioner and heat pump that can provide comfort to a single room or a concentrated zone throughout several parts of your home.
- Ceiling casing: If installation space is limited, a ceiling cassette may be used to disperse air through an exposed grille.
- Wall unit: Like the air handler in a traditional central air system, the wall unit will allow you to blow the heated or cooled air throughout a room or space without the need for ductwork.
How Ductless Heat Pumps Work
Ductless heat pumps work to both heat and cool your home by transferring heat from one area to another. In warm conditions, heat pumps remove heat from the indoor air using refrigerant and transfer it outside. As the temperatures drop, the heat pump reverses direction, drawing heat from the outside air and moving it inside.
Ductless heat pumps also have the added benefit of running on auto-mode. Which means you don't have to switch manually between heating or cooling; it will automatically do the work for you.
Where’s the Ideal Location to Install Ductless Split Systems?
Ductless split systems are one of the most adaptable heating and cooling setups available and can be installed for a variety of different applications, providing either whole-home comfort or working as supplemental systems for central heating and air conditioning. However, there are certain instances where it’s incredibly beneficial to install a ductless mini split heat pump and air conditioner, including:
- New room additions
- Garages and garage apartments
- Bonus rooms
- Server rooms and grow houses
- Larger home downsizes
- Older homes without existing ductwork
- Multiple comfort needs in a single home
When You Need Optimal Indoor Comfort, Try A Ductless Split System
As the seasons change, make sure you always have ideal comfort with a top-rated ductless mini split from Ingrams Water & Air. When you shop with us for all of your heating and cooling needs, you can enjoy competitive pricing, fast shipping on orders, and helpful, experienced professionals ready to help with any questions you may have.
We proudly stock a wide variety of single-zone and multi-zone ductless mini split systems from leading manufacturers, including Mitsubishi, MrCool, Daikin, and LG, that are ideal for each household's specific heating and cooling needs. Buy a ductless heat pump and air conditioner from us today and see why ductless split systems are becoming the most popular heating and cooling solution around!